Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi Solo 2 change recommendations. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hello everyone.

Another post to add to the endless list.

I have been asked to go and give a price for replacing a Baxi Solo 2.

The customer has said that he has already been quoted for a 30kw boiler.

It's a y plan set up with open vent. He said he might also decide on an unvented cylinder but not sure yet. He has 1 main bathroom and an ensuite but did say they regularly run out of hw especially if they have guests. Going unvented for me is a no brainer but will come down to what they can afford.

Property has 9 rads.

Gas is being upgraded as needs rerouting.

Sounds like a genuine enquiry but asked a few questions that seemed a bit strange that made me think he might want to do the work himself.

Boiler replacement recommendations?
Thanks

Worcester Ri around 18-24kw
Viessmann 100 open vent 26kw

30kw heat is a big boiler for 9 rads and a cylinder. I would do some calculations and quote accordingly. I quite like the vaillant range at the moment, you can upgrade the warranty with an additional purchase of their filter.

Thanks for the replies. Going off his information I was thinking Vaillant 418, I obviously need to go and have a proper look first.

I thought 30kw seemed a bit overkill. I'm not sure why someone would have quoted him that. They probably haven't.

30kw heat is a big boiler for 9 rads and a cylinder. I would do some calculations and quote accordingly. I quite like the vaillant range at the moment, you can upgrade the warranty with an additional purchase of their filter.

Yes I actually joined their scheme last night and saw it said by fitting the boiler protection kit can give 10 years. I thought they may have something new to the market that other manufacturers don't. Was disappointed to find its just their filter.

Evening all. I would probably go with either a vaillant ecotec plus 4/6 series 24kw and an unvented cylinder. What litres is the tank already fitted? Oh and you any get the 10 years on the plus with the spyro filter not on the ecofit. The extra on the ecofit is extraÂŁÂŁÂŁ or your could stick with a Baxi. Not sure which one though.

24 kw is More than enough for a heat only with a cylinder the manufacturer of these is down to budget really, as above have they been quoted for a 30kw combi as a replacement ? you have mentioned they run out of water with the existing cylinder you need more clarification on what they expect from you. Kop

24 kw is More than enough for a heat only with a cylinder the manufacturer of these is down to budget really, as above have they been quoted for a 30kw combi as a replacement ? you have mentioned they run out of water with the existing cylinder you need more clarification on what they expect from you. Kop

They don't want a combi.
I'm going round tomorrow, they said having an unvented cylinder depends on if they can afford it.

Not sure they know what they want

Reply to Baxi Solo 2 change recommendations. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello everyone, Baxi Ecoblue System boiler which was recently serviced just before Christmas. There has since been a constant but slow drip coming from the black nylon plastic drain plug at the back of the boiler which is accessible from the underneath. It does not appear to be from the thread...
Replies
Views
Had our gas Baxi Combi inspected and serviced today, as it has been every year. Gas safety cert issued and says all okay, but engineer gave what I think was very... ambiguous... advice. 12yo boiler with the following readings on the analyser printout: O2% = 4.1 CO ppm = 192 CO2% = 9.5 Ratio =...
Replies
Views
I currently have a Vaillant ecoTEC Plus 438 system boiler which is 13 years old. I have been having problems with the boiler which potentially boils down to the heat exchanger so I am now looking to bite the bullet and have a new boiler installed. My set up at home is that I have a 4-bed...
Replies
Views
Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was not working. He changed both valves and still the radiator was not working. He put some chemicals in and said it should break up anything that is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am replacing our 11 year old boiler (due to H.Ex. leak) with a new one. This is in a "sealed" system with red expansion vessel in airig cupboard & a megaflo (no tank in loft). However the exisiting boiler is Vaillant ecoTEC 4xx boiler - which is satated by vaillant as an "open vent" boiler...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock