Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi solo 2 40 pf in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

shytalk

Hello people, first post so don't take the pizz too much please....I'm sensitive.

I went to this boiler the other day and the fella was doing my head in, standing over me asking what i was doing every couple of minutes, you know the type.
Anyway, the pilots lit (looked weak though) there's 230 volts at the gas valve, no gas at the outlet test point and obviously no burner, though the burner on light on the front is lit.
I never checked the resistance on the solenoid (my head was cabbaged a bit by this guy), but like I said the pilot was lit.
I'm pretty sure it's the gas valve but somethings telling me to ask in case I'm missing something.
What do you reckon.

gas safe number 225485

Hi mate , i think you need to get your post count up to ten posts and contact one of the moderators either Gasman , Croppie or Redsaw and they will verify your details and enlist you which will allow you to as questions in the gas reg private section as we cant give out any info to do with gas for the publics safety, soz mate ,, get posting Kris

Yeh thats right hes away for a week.

Hi mate , i think you need to get your post count up to ten posts and contact one of the moderators either Gasman , Croppie or Redsaw and they will verify your details and enlist you which will allow you to as questions in the gas reg private section as we cant give out any info to do with gas for the publics safety, soz mate ,, get posting Kris

Cheers, I'll do that. In the meantime I'm going with the gas valve after talking to some of the lads in the cc on doughnuts.

Just an update, it was the valve. Well, the main solenoid anyway, I would have tested that if the fella hadn't been such a pain. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi solo 2 40 pf in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

C
Hi all I have an old Baxi solo 2 40 boiler. the other night that there was a metal sounding twang and the pilot light went out now the boiler will not work. You can light the pilot and that stays lit, but as soon as a load is asked of it it fires up for about 30 seconds and then it just cuts...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone. Another post to add to the endless list. I have been asked to go and give a price for replacing a Baxi Solo 2. The customer has said that he has already been quoted for a 30kw boiler. It's a y plan set up with open vent. He said he might also decide on an unvented cylinder...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I am currently having an issue with my Baxi Duo Tec 40 HE A not maintaining a constant temperature for the domestic hot water. With a thermometer under a tap & the domestic hot water thermostat set to 43 °C I get a fluctuating temperature from 51 °C to 38 °C which is clearly not...
Replies
Views
Aquarius
A
Hi everyone. I've just joined this forum as I'm desperately in need of some help. My elderly parents (81 and 77) have a Baxi Solo 3 pf60 and it has been giving trouble. I'm not a plumber but a process operator for a chemical manufacturer and an experienced DIYer, so I'm obviously limited with...
Replies
Views
Hello all I have a BAXI DUOTEC COMBI 24 HE A. I suspect a diverter issue. Symptoms are hot water but cold rads. No fault codes to report. At least nothing that begins with the letter "E". No fuse issues. There is a CENTER wifi stat involved but I am satisfied that's functioing ok. Been...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock