Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi Megaflo no display in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I noticed a few weeks ago that my hot water and heating were not working so I went to check the boiler expecting to see an error code, but on checking, the display was completely off. I could hear the fan running (quite loudly) so I knew there was power going to the boiler. I opened up the boiler and exposed the PCB and could not see anything obvious…. I heated the PCB up gently with a hair dryer for a few seconds and the Display popped back into life and the boiler returned to normal working order. A day or so
Later though, and I had the same issue and this is now a recurring theme. Sometimes I have to go through the hair dryer routine after a few days, some times after a few hours, I cannot pin point the reason that the display shuts down. Nor why the hairdryer “fix” makes everything restart. I know I’ll need to replace the PCB but keen to hear thoughts on what is triggering the display to shut down and why introducing heat to the PCB rectifies the issue…. Albeit temporarily… the boiler is in. Warm utility room and the temp never drops to the stage that it should cause any issues with the boiler.

Reply to Baxi Megaflo no display in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, I'm hoping to get some advice on an issue I'm having with my Vaillant Ecotec Pro 24 boiler (R1 PCB). It was installed in 2013 and has worked perfectly up until this week. When the boiler does start, it runs for a few seconds, makes some noises, and then shuts down again. I've...
Replies
Views
Hi, hope someone can help with this. My central heating system has a Worcester gas combi boiler, paired with a nest thermostat and a megaflo cylinder. When the boiler starts in the morning, the radiators start to warm up ok, but this is accompanied by a loud whining of the pipes attached to the...
Replies
Views
HI i have a esprit elite 2 30 no display. before I would turn power off then it would come back on after a countdown, no nothing have heat and hot water, have tried another Display but same thing changed the lead as the outer cable was very stiff form the heat and wires had a kink. not sure if...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
It was fitted with the boiler a Potterton Suprima 30L about 21 years ago. Two PCB's later and a new fan the boiler is working perfectly. However, the programmer display is not showing any digits for the clock or anything else so I am unable to program it. It still works the boiler manually...
Replies
Views
Ideal Logic Heat 15 System Boiler Hi. Just started to get an F3 Fan Fault on this boiler. On power up there seems to be a quiet thump from somewhere then it goes through the start up sequence. It spends a few seconds on the ‘c’ display before coming up with the F3 error code. Can anyone advise...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock