Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi Megaflo 28 System ErP General Query/Help in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi!

So I have just moved into a new house and it has the above boiler fitted and I am trying to understand it as best as possible.

The control is set to water and central heating, Normally there is a temperature control for the central heating and then one for the water, but this is combined.

The issue I am finding is that if we want the central heating to be warmer, the water out of the tap becomes boiling as well?

We have Siemens controls (1 on the basement floor and 1 covering the upper floors I think) but they don't control the temperature, we also have Honeywell thermostat controls but they just don't seem to do anything (1 on the basement and 1 on the first floor) controlling the temperature from the boiler itself raises the temperature correctly?

1st-floor siemens control:
1st_floor_simens_control.jpeg

So this has hot water and central heating control. If I want the radiators to be hot, I just run the central heating side of things on the right, if I want to heat the water I run the one on the left? My wife seems to think the central heating only pumps out hot when both the HW andCH are running at the same time?

1st-floor Honeywell thermo control:
1st_floor_honeywell_thermostat.jpeg

Doesn't seem to do anything?

Basement siemens and themo control
basement_Simens_honeywell.jpeg

This is near the boiler but has no hot water control and I assume this controls the central heating in the basement area as it's on that floor?

Boiler control:
boiler_controls.jpeg

When the siemens triggers on its set times, the boiler comes on and the LED shows the temperature, I just don't understand how to control the water temp separately?

Water Tank:
WhatsApp Image 2020-03-15 at 14.50.10 (1).jpeg

We have had it a few times where while the shower has been running the water temp has dropped off a lot. I assume its because the water tank has run out of water? In this case does the boiler have to be running from them on to provide direct hot water and does the tank fill up on its own and get heated after a period of time.

Apologies for the barrage of newbie questions, first time I have lived in a house of this size, with this kind of system and I just want to get my head around it all!

Reply to Baxi Megaflo 28 System ErP General Query/Help in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock