Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi heat only boiler - switches off after a few minutes with a red flashing light in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Baxi heat only boiler (7 yrs old) - switches off after a few minutes with some banging noises followed by
a red flashing light on boiler
Reset the boiler manually after 5 mins and it runs fine all day
Next day when i switch on the boiler on it does the same thing
ive opened the screw on the pump to see if there is air - thats fine
ive cleaned the magnaclean filter too

any help appreciated

thanks

Is the pump spinning ?

Its a circulation issue you really need a RGI all gas boilers need a service and a full gas safety check every 12 months , your system needs draining and flushing every 5 years and new inhibitor added you really shouldn't be fiddling internally in the boiler unless your gas Safe registered. ☹️ Kop

Its a circulation issue you really need a RGI all gas boilers need a service and a full gas safety check every 12 months , your system needs draining and flushing every 5 years and new inhibitor added you really shouldn't be fiddling internally in the boiler unless your gas Safe registered. ☹️ Kop
the thing that puzzles me is that it only occurs at the startup every morning , once its reset it runs fine all day, id expect it to cause issues at other times too

Pump is GRUNDFOS UPS2 15-50/60

Started up the boiler today and sat next to pump,
on startup it was making a noise, not grinding, but more like a crinkling sound for about a minute or 2 and then it makes it very occasionally . Is this normal?
i also opened the bleed valve on it yesterday
the boiler did not switch off today lol

Reply to Baxi heat only boiler - switches off after a few minutes with a red flashing light in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock