Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi has me scratching my head in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI, I'm looking for some advice from someone who may have encountered my problem before. I'm a gas engineer and i have been trying to solve an issue with a baxi duo-tec 28 HE. The boiler randomly calls for CH when the thermostat is not, the green LED lights up for around 5 minutes before deciding to fire up. I have exchanged the old thermostat (Salus) and replaced the primary ntc sensor and still have the same problem. Baxi technical are adamant that it's the new thermostat but like i had said it is brand new. Can anyone help me at all? Thanks.

Are you getting any calling for ch ?

Are you getting any calling for ch ?

The thermostat fires the CH when it's turned up straight away. But once you turn the thermostat to off the CH will stop then shortly after the boiler seems to think the thermostat is calling for heat agaim. Everyone I've spoken to is just as baffled mate

The thermostat fires the CH when it's turned up straight away. But once you turn the thermostat to off the CH will stop then shortly after the boiler seems to think the thermostat is calling for heat agaim. Everyone I've spoken to is just as baffled mate

I'm not familiar with the specific model and am too lazy to check right now, but for this sort of issue:

Make sure you aren't using a 24V thermostat on a 240V system.

If it's an on/off control type use a light switch in a plastic box as a 'dummy' thermostat. Try it connected instead of the Salus and if 'symptoms persist' directly into the boiler using relatively short leads.

Faulty wiring (borrowed neutrals, leakage across terminals in junction boxes, etc.) can cause strange symptoms. Find a sparks who likes CH doing controls (many don't IME) to help with these.

It's quite possible that this is a boiler issue but one normally wants to rule out exterior (and cheaper to fix) causes first, of course.

Last edited:
Wireless thermostat?

I'm not familiar with the specific model and am too lazy to check right now, but for this sort of issue:

Make sure you aren't using a 24V thermostat on a 240V system.

If it's an on/off control type use a light switch in a plastic box as a 'dummy' thermostat. Try it connected instead of the Salus and if 'symptoms persist' directly into the boiler using relatively short leads.

Faulty wiring (borrowed neutrals, leakage across terminals in junction boxes, etc.) can cause strange symptoms. Find a sparks who likes CH doing controls (many don't IME) to help with these.

I have a mechanical clock i was thinking of putting in to see if this eliminates the fault. I have checked all terminals and all readings were fine. The receiver for in question for the thermostat is plugged into the baxi mechanical clock they are made for these boilers so I'm confident the voltage is ok for that. Do you know if these boilers have some kind of frost stat built in at all?

That is the thermostat there

1413556355-11453700.png

Best to fit a wired one as there know to have problems with devices on a similar frequency

Eg wifi, door fobs etc

Fit the genuine baxi mechanical timer or put the link back in to rule out a external faults bud then go from there, cheers kop

Wire the thermostat through the outdoor sensor stat - 24 volts ( from memory ). Change the parameter on the baxi controller.
Loop the 240 Volt thermostat and see if the problem persists.

If the problem persists then it would be the thermostat.

If it's a wireless Salus, alter the dip switches on both receiver and sender
Other wireless signals will affect it when left on default settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi has me scratching my head in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Baxi Duo Tec 28 Hot Water Issue. Hi, I have a Nazi duo tec 28. I’m having an issue with my hot water. If the CH is on, and I turn on the hot water I get warm/tepid water provided the HW temperature dial is set about 3o’clock. If it’s set any higher, I get an E28 fault, and my water goes cold...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Please can anyone let me know if the NTC thermostats are on the correct way around?? I did have problems with the return pipe heating up before the flow so I'm thinking the last plumber may have swapped them around somehow. Havin now reconfigure the central heating i've plumbed in all the...
Replies
Views
J
I have an Arteform shower valve in my bathroom - top lever for the main shower head, middle for the handheld hose and bottom is the thermostatic control. The hot was not getting hot enough recently so (under instructions from the manufacturer) I removed the allen key valves bottom left and right...
Replies
Views
I am generally a decent handyman, can usually make 2+2=4 and take care of most things to avoid troubling experts with just the basics, but know also not to bumble around blindly beyond that. We moved house last week and with the glorious hot weather we weren't bothered about the heating, more...
Replies
Views
Hi All, My first visit here in quite a while and it's in part to share the news that I have finally gone over to the dark side! Although my 30 year old Baxi back boiler was still going strong, I've finally succumbed to pressure from Mrs RWD and had a Combi installed. The Heating Engineer that...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock