Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi fire front compatability in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a Baxi 552 back boiler,don't laugh but because it's been so good I want to keep as long as poss. My gas guy has told me i now need a replacement fire front so I am looking out for one.As I understand there are two fronts for this boiler one with ceramic radiants which is mine and one with coals and a glass front.Will the latter one fit mine without any modification.Thank you

I wouldn’t be fitting a second hand fire on to the BBU. Leave the fire capped off and just use the BBU as normal.

Yeh, one’s the SP and ones the VP. Both fit the 552 or 401.
Are you Gas Safe Registered Mate? If not please do not tell people what will and will not fit their BBU. If you are then send your details to me and we will sort you out the correct badge.

So I guess I can't get an answer on here,just wanted to do a bit of groundwork, didn't really want to phone Baxi myself as I can imagine they would be a bit stand offish re the fittment of pre owned parts.

So I guess I can't get an answer on here,just wanted to do a bit of groundwork, didn't really want to phone Baxi myself as I can imagine they would be a bit stand offish re the fittment of pre owned parts.
So are we .
We can’t recommend buying a second hand fire front, to an already very old boiler.

So are we .
We can’t recommend buying a second hand fire front, to an already very old boiler.

OP: Be careful, as fires that fit the 401, the 551 and the 552 will look similar - but are not compatible. Only use a fire that has come off the same model. You are likely to need a new connector as well, but the RGI should be able to sort that out.

Last edited by a moderator:
As I have been (IMO, extroadinarilty) edited, I will rephrase it:
OP: provided all is done safely, there is nothing wrong with using an old fire or boiler. Whwn Chalked says "We" it should not be taken, categorically, as referring to a greater number of professionals than himself

OP: provided all is done safely, there is nothing wrong with using an old fire or boiler. Whwn Chalked says "We" it should not be taken, categorically, as referring to a greater number of professionals than himself
And neither should the above be.

I suppose in a ideal world I should just replace the the whole system but am a pensioner who just hasn't that sort of cash.There seems to be a bit of can, can't, shouldn't really opinions, which is a bit confusing but if I am understanding correctly, i can replace the fire with a like for like and would also be able to use the other type of fire as long as it came off a 552 (which it has).If this is not the case I will just look for an excact replacement.Thank you for taking the time to advise me, my GS fitter is on holiday so can't ask him directly at present.

If I had the correct fire in front of me . I would fit it. But “we” means the general forum advice ,given to a poster, who we have no idea if he has the correct fire or not.

I suppose in a ideal world I should just replace the the whole system but am a pensioner who just hasn't that sort of cash.There seems to be a bit of can, can't, shouldn't really opinions, which is a bit confusing but if I am understanding correctly, i can replace the fire with a like for like and would also be able to use the other type of fire as long as it came off a 552 (which it has).If this is not the case I will just look for an excact replacement.Thank you for taking the time to advise me, my GS fitter is on holiday so can't ask him directly at present.

TBF, this is the problem to which Chalky eludes. I gave, IMO, safe advice. You have slightly ignored it. Your "exact replacemet" may not be an "exact replacement", hence my caution that you only go for a fire (irrespective of the model) that originated from a 552.

I have a Baxi 552 back boiler,don't laugh but because it's been so good I want to keep as long as poss. My gas guy has told me i now need a replacement fire front so I am looking out for one.As I understand there are two fronts for this boiler one with ceramic radiants which is mine and one with coals and a glass front.Will the latter one fit mine without any modification.Thank you

2d2hvle.jpg

Here you go.

Reply to Baxi fire front compatability in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock