Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi Duo Tec 40 HE A Fluctuating Hot Water Temperature in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello All,

I am currently having an issue with my Baxi Duo Tec 40 HE A not maintaining a constant temperature for the domestic hot water.

With a thermometer under a tap & the domestic hot water thermostat set to 43 °C I get a fluctuating temperature from 51 °C to 38 °C which is clearly not acceptable as it goes from warm to scalding.

I have uploaded a video of the boiler to YouTube below showing what happens when you create a hot water demand by turning a tap on.

As you can see the burner does not stay on but cycles on & off because it seems to me the primary water in the boiler is getting to hot so the PCB is turning the burner off?

What I have found is that if I turn two taps on at the same time the problem is fixed!

The boiler modulates the temperature correctly & I get around 43°C at the tap give or take 2 degrees.

I have boiler cover plan so I contacted them & they sent an engineer out & so far they have changed the following components:

1. Diverted Valve

2. Domestic Hot Water Thermistor

3. Plate Heat Exchanger

4. PCB

All genuine Baxi parts & I still have the same problem so clearly non of these components were faulty.

The warranty company is now saying that because they have spent all this money on these components & it has not fixed the problem the I need a new boiler!

At this point I have lost all trust in them & the engineers capability to diagnose the problem.

I am currently trying to get recommendations for a gas engineer in my area but am struggling to do so & am wanting others opinions on what could be causing this.

This has taken place over a four month period due to COVID.

Here is the video of the boiler with one tap running creating a hot water demand:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_6SGMUkAU0&feature=emb_logo

As you can see the burner switches on & off causing the temperature to fluctuate.

Here is a video of the boiler with TWO taps running creating a hot water demand:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyzUVARBvdI&feature=emb_logo

& here the burner stay lit constantly fixing the problem!

Any ideas what could be causing this & why it is fixed by turning two taps on?

Many thanks

Adam
[automerge]1592268441[/automerge]
Can an admin or moderator please move this thread to the gas engineers forum please?

Sorry I posted it in the wrong section.

Thank you

Last edited:
Hi Adam,

I’d be asking to speak to a senior manager or engineer with the cover plan company as it’s clearly unacceptable that you require a new boiler on the grounds that they are unable to repair it. It’s probably a circulation issue, and opening the other tap is an additional outlet for getting rid of the heat from the boiler.

Reply to Baxi Duo Tec 40 HE A Fluctuating Hot Water Temperature in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new thread so what's the best way of connecting the two? Cheers, Peter
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
We have 2 brand new cordless, battery powered press tools in stock, and flying off the shelves. Our TekTools TZ1930 & TZ1550 are packed with advanced features - these cordless press tools are engineered for speed, precision, and ease of use across various applications. Just reply to this thread...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock