Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi Duo tec 2 straight swap needed. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Gordon T

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Can any of you fine folks tell me which Baxi/Potterton/Main boiler would be a straight swap out for a 28Kw Duo Tec 2 GA Combi please. I dont do many boiler changes but have been co-erced into doing this one. If I can get a boiler that would fit in its place without altering any pipework would make the job easier and quicker. Thank you. G.

The simple answer is swap it for another baxi duo tec if you don't want to alter anything they are still available and have had slight update . Cheers kop

There isn’t a straight swap with out altering for the ga range, it was very problematic anyway and got discontinued.
Best bet like kop says is to go for a new 600 series, it will definitely need pipework alteration, tbh there you’re kidding yourself if you’re looking for a straight easy swap these days, long gone are the days when you could chuck them on the wall in a morning and take your cash and run away. (Erm not that I ever did this BTW)
Boiler need a little care and attention, mag filters, water softeners, those little anti water hammer devices (I always forget what they’re called 🤪) boiler+ controls, setting up gas valves, cold flushing and hot flushing, and other bits I’ll remeber later.... paperwork, registering with gas safe, registering for warranty to give your customer piece of mind, little stickers on the front to remind them when the service is due.

All goes to making a good business model for yourself.
Good luck, let us know how you get on.

Reply to Baxi Duo tec 2 straight swap needed. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock