Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi Duo Tec 2 GA problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi guys,
do any of you know when Baxi discontinued theDuo Tec 2 GA? I have had a long litany of faults since it was installed in 2012.

This all sounds a bit cloak and dagger are you looking at going after them for repeated problems

I had this boiler installed in Feb 2012 but since May 2013 it has had the ignition electrode replaced five times, the flame sensor three times, the gas valve twice, the gas fan once and now it needs either another gas fan or gas valve according to the local GSR tech. The only reason I am using Baxi this time is because they carry all their own parts and I won't have to freeze my arse off waiting for replacement parts to be delivered.

In all that time, has the heat exchanger been inspected and or cleaned.
Baxi fault codes can be a little misleading at times and they often tell you change parts from the most expensive to the cheapest - in that order.
It's probably best to have Baxi do the repair

... the ignition electrode replaced five times, the flame sensor three times, the gas valve twice, the gas fan once and now it needs either another gas fan or gas valve according to the local GSR tech.

It's a long shot, but with that failure rate for those parts I wonder if it's been short-cyclingexcessively for some reason. Might be worth getting a good heating engineer to check for things like low circulation rate, incorrect range rating, balance, etc.

Reply to Baxi Duo Tec 2 GA problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock