Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi Discontinuing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

ShaunCorbs

Super Moderator
Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Solutions
Atm

Baxi duotech
Baxi platinum
Baxi mega flow

Start of October but this is depending on stock

Perhaps they're just renaming them? last time I saw the rep he was telling me how the ecoblue heat only was going to be rebranded as the 400 heat only.
They have the 200, 400 and 600 series of combis now but they only go up to 7 year warranty. A new 800 series with the 10 year warranty should complete the range. Will likely be the same insides of the duo tec but with a new case and different name. This is purely speculation though. Why aren't my emojis working

The 600 is to replace the duotec the 800 which I dont think is out yet is to replace the platinum. They do system boilers in at least the 600 range.

They now have the 200 as a budget boiler. But as soon as the 800 comes out the 400 and 600 are pointless pretty much.

although the 400’s were pants I like the 600’s , straightforward fit and commission, kinda glad they’ve done away with the wall jig, I always found it a bit awkward when on a not so flat wall, plus in some respects it was like doing the job twice.

:cool: Emoji’s working here :cool:

although the 400’s were pants I like the 600’s , straightforward fit and commission, kinda glad they’ve done away with the wall jig, I always found it a bit awkward when on a not so flat wall, plus in some respects it was like doing the job twice.

:cool: Emoji’s working here :cool:

Never fitted a 400 why were they pants?

I wasnt a big fan of the jigs only really any good if you had little space below.

Never fitted a 400 why were they pants?

I wasnt a big fan of the jigs only really any good if you had little space below.

Too much plastic in the 400, seemed like they’d sold out a bit. The 80’s, 105’s, duotec and platinum were a solid lump full of brass bits, these 400 seemed like an AliExpress copy to me.

Too much plastic in the 400, seemed like they’d sold out a bit. The 80’s, 105’s, duotec and platinum were a solid lump full of brass bits, these 400 seemed like an AliExpress copy to me.
I don't think the 400 was ever designed to be a premium boiler, more of a cheaper alternative for landlords to steer them away from the likes of alpha, Ariston etc.

I don't think the 400 was ever designed to be a premium boiler, more of a cheaper alternative for landlords to steer them away from the likes of alpha, Ariston etc.

You’re quite right, but still more costly than say the ravenheat wh80, which is what I was fitting as a replacement.

Reply to Baxi Discontinuing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Recently had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed, quite often when the adjacent cold mixer tap is opened the boiler starts for a few seconds! Can anyone tell me what is causing this? And how to cure?
Replies
Views
We have 2 brand new cordless, battery powered press tools in stock, and flying off the shelves. Our TekTools TZ1930 & TZ1550 are packed with advanced features - these cordless press tools are engineered for speed, precision, and ease of use across various applications. Just reply to this thread...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't install any isolating cocks in the H&C feed to the tap so how can I identify which of the valves is passing? Shut the whole H&C water system down?
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock