Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi Discontinuing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

ShaunCorbs

Super Moderator
Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Solutions
Atm

Baxi duotech
Baxi platinum
Baxi mega flow

Start of October but this is depending on stock

Perhaps they're just renaming them? last time I saw the rep he was telling me how the ecoblue heat only was going to be rebranded as the 400 heat only.
They have the 200, 400 and 600 series of combis now but they only go up to 7 year warranty. A new 800 series with the 10 year warranty should complete the range. Will likely be the same insides of the duo tec but with a new case and different name. This is purely speculation though. Why aren't my emojis working

The 600 is to replace the duotec the 800 which I dont think is out yet is to replace the platinum. They do system boilers in at least the 600 range.

They now have the 200 as a budget boiler. But as soon as the 800 comes out the 400 and 600 are pointless pretty much.

although the 400’s were pants I like the 600’s , straightforward fit and commission, kinda glad they’ve done away with the wall jig, I always found it a bit awkward when on a not so flat wall, plus in some respects it was like doing the job twice.

:cool: Emoji’s working here :cool:

although the 400’s were pants I like the 600’s , straightforward fit and commission, kinda glad they’ve done away with the wall jig, I always found it a bit awkward when on a not so flat wall, plus in some respects it was like doing the job twice.

:cool: Emoji’s working here :cool:

Never fitted a 400 why were they pants?

I wasnt a big fan of the jigs only really any good if you had little space below.

Never fitted a 400 why were they pants?

I wasnt a big fan of the jigs only really any good if you had little space below.

Too much plastic in the 400, seemed like they’d sold out a bit. The 80’s, 105’s, duotec and platinum were a solid lump full of brass bits, these 400 seemed like an AliExpress copy to me.

Too much plastic in the 400, seemed like they’d sold out a bit. The 80’s, 105’s, duotec and platinum were a solid lump full of brass bits, these 400 seemed like an AliExpress copy to me.
I don't think the 400 was ever designed to be a premium boiler, more of a cheaper alternative for landlords to steer them away from the likes of alpha, Ariston etc.

I don't think the 400 was ever designed to be a premium boiler, more of a cheaper alternative for landlords to steer them away from the likes of alpha, Ariston etc.

You’re quite right, but still more costly than say the ravenheat wh80, which is what I was fitting as a replacement.

Reply to Baxi Discontinuing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Baxi have changed their 600 and 800 ranges....they look completely different inside and out .....has anyone got an opinion on the new version.
Replies
Views
Baxi DUO-TEC boiler Trying to repressurise using the 2 blue valves - left valve won't budge. Any ideas please?
Replies
Views
Hi all, just moved a radiator from one wall to another, straight forward job, heating is working, problem is that on turning on a hot water tap the water coming out is heating water ( Fernox smell)and the boiler pressure drops quite quickly. Baxi Platinum 28HE. Any help or ideas please
Replies
Views
Hello everyone i have a Baxi 424 combi the system working fine but the maximum tempruter on the screen reach only 57 degrees for heater and 51 degrees for tap water this happened after a visit from (obviously) unqualified tecnichichan to fix a minor leak on the boiler, which initaly didn't efect...
Replies
Views
Hi. I’m new here and due to have a new boiler fitted. Does anyone have recommendations or thoughts on either the Worcester 8000 40KW Combi or the Baxi 40kw Platinum or the Valliant EcoTec Plus 838. The Worcester is the most costly but I’m happy to pay more if it means a better boiler (long term...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock