Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi Combi Eco80 Gas Boiler -- Cuts out after hitting temp and will not come back on in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

maggsy

Hi Guys,

My first post so please go easy on me, I have a gas Baxi Combi Eco80 boiler, it has a strange problem, hoping one of you guys may be able to shed some knowledge on what could be causing the problem, I'll give an overview of a typical day in the boiler, here goes:

Boiler turned on as normal, I go to wash up, hot water comes on fine no problems at all, again go sit down watch TV, go upstairs to toilet, wash hands, hot water works fine. Its feeling a little bit cold in the living room so I turn on the central heating, I set the thermostat to say 25 degrees, the boiler and central heating work fine. HOWEVER -- When the heating gets to temperature it will just cut off and will not allow you to turn it up higher and the hot water will not work and the boiler just stays idle, it will not spark up it seems. If I then leave the boiler to rest for say 2-3 hours it all starts to work fine again. The process will then all happen again - Hot water fine - turn heating on fine -- gets to temp (or just under) boiler cuts out -- hot water will not work -- leave to rest for a few hours then boiler will start to work. I also must add that yesterday I did not use the central heating all day and the water heated up with no problems all day.

Hope someone can shed some light on this problem -- I would say that the way the boiler operates until cutting off is normal, no strange noises etc

Hope you can help,

Thanks

Re: Baxi Combi Eco80 Gas Boiler -- Cuts out after hitting temp and will not come back

what warning / error lights are on? I strongly suspect, with scant info (and that's not your fault) that the flow switch is sticking / not making, or the micro switch which is the actual switching bit of the unit, is not making

Re: Baxi Combi Eco80 Gas Boiler -- Cuts out after hitting temp and will not come back

Could it be the overheat thermostat?

Could it be the overheat thermostat?
doubt it its a push button stat on the 80 eco the op would have to take the cover off to manually re set it

any news maggsy?

The only way is to get a multimeter out and check the micro switch, flow switch and thermistor stats. Better get an Engineer as it can get complicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi Combi Eco80 Gas Boiler -- Cuts out after hitting temp and will not come back on in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock