Discuss Baxi boiler needs topping up daily in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Reaction score
Hi, we've got a Baxi Combi 105 HE boiler which is about 13 years old. It needs water adding every time I put it on as it keeps dropping 0. I was going to nurse it through another winter but I'm thinking things must be dire now. How much would a like for like replacement be with fitting, a guesstimate?

Test4Less - PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Reaction score
System pressure loss is not necessarily a boiler fault - if it is, it may be repairable.

DuncanM

Plumber
Gas Engineer
Reaction score
It my need a service. Have an engineer come out and service boiler and explain about the pressure loss. Most will be on the part that is causing it straight away and should be checked as part of the service, If it continues after that you may have a leak on the heating system.

cjg

Plumber
Reaction score
Check the p.r.p. out side see if it is dripping when boiler has been on for 10 mins.
Small copper pipe outside

Harvest Fields

Plumber
Gas Engineer
Reaction score
Evening @Ban70. This could be a number of things, from a large leak on the system, to a part failure on the boiler. Can you top the pressure up to just above 1 bar and put the heating on please. Can you then watch the pressure and see if it rises to above the 3 bar on the pressure gauge.

Please like this post if you found it helpful.

Corgi Direct - Plumbers Forums Sponsor
Plumbing Advice - Find Plumbers Jobs
Wetroom Store - PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
uHeat Forum Sponsor - PlumbersForums.net
Power Shower Booster - Official PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Test4Less PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Plumbase - PlumbersForums.net Sponsor

Latest Plumbing Advice

Top Bottom