Search the forum,

Discuss BAXI boiler explosive ignition and... in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello everyone,

I've got a few issues with my boiler. It's BAXI platinum 24 combi.

1. Occasionally when it fires up it does it with a big loud bang (explosive ignition?) From what I've noticed it usually happens when central heating starts up, doesn't happen with hot water (or it's just me?...)
When it does happen though, other than the bang noise I can hear something that sounds almost like the whole outer case of the boiler vibrates for a second.

2. I've noticed today that when I set up the heating to I.e 24c degrees when the rooms temp is I.e 21c it will stop itself halfway through at about 22 or 23. And then after a while it fires up back again

3. When I use hot water in the bathroom I can hear this sound coming from the boiler:

It's fine when use hw in the kitchen though...

Sorry for a long post guys.

Tia

Thanks guys. I am not the owner of the property, just renting it. Because the loud ignition happens only occasionally, it is difficult to show/prove it to the landlord/plumber and I don't think they tak it seriously enough. Especially as it mostly happens late evening/night and looks like only on the central heating, not when hot water is being used...
Plumber did check it after last winter but said it looks okay, which worries me a bit as it definitely is not right and can scare you when it does fire up with a loud bang. And to add to it, there are some new noises coming from the boiler when it's on, especially for a longer period of time. It sounds like some metal sheet bending/stretching/vibrating...

But thanks again for your replies. I will contact the plumber once again.

Have you tried recording it on the loud ignition

Reply to BAXI boiler explosive ignition and... in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock