Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi Bermuda in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

derrybongo

Hi All

Wife got a call from a customer today who i had been to 3 weeks ago. problem was the pilot light going out on the back boiler and when relit would only stay on a few minutes. checked it out (tip corroded) fitted new Baxi thermocouple unit and all was fine until now where she says the problem has returned
anyone any ideas

Derry

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there any chance she has run out of credit on her gas meter card?

Most common faults I've found over the yrs for bbf pilot outage....

Thermocouple goosed-replace it, choked pilot-clean it, gas valve intermitently dropping out-replace it, choked Heat exchanger(flueway)-clean it. The odd time it can be strong winds but not very often. As said above issue with gas supply or meter govenor possibly faulty.

Start with the basics, gas/working pressure etc

cheers for the replies

yes she has gas
its a brand new thermocouple assembly which comes with a new jet attached so dont think the jets blocked but worth another look
Fire was serviced while replacing the thermocouple so i dont think its a blocked flueway
interesting about the gas valve as that was my thinking is there any tests i could do with the multimeter that might pinpoint the gas valve
i dont want the old couple forking out for a gas valve if its not the problem

Sound like a newer model if its the whole assembly thats been changed.
Air inlet to pilot has dust in it ?

We can all read the pilot lighting instructions but thanks for the reminder on how to do it.

As far as testing the gas valve for a specific fault, Barring testing the resistance of the solenoid I don't know of any test that would prove it's defo goosed, the reason I say that is I presume the pilots lights and stays on Only for it to drop out later on (intermittent), therefore u in a catch 22, my advice is to check everything that's been suggested and see if u get a call back, if they call u back then I'd go for the gas valve.

I agree with Mbear check everything before gas valve, T/c voltage ideally 25 millivolts + Also I've had the pilot tube flaking inside & causing small pilot, remove it, bang it & blow through.

Hi All

Wife got a call from a customer today who i had been to 3 weeks ago. problem was the pilot light going out on the back boiler and when relit would only stay on a few minutes. checked it out (tip corroded) fitted new Baxi thermocouple unit and all was fine until now where she says the problem has returned
anyone any ideas

Derry
oxygen deplition sensors on newwer baxis so pay attention to vents etc or dirt in the tube

look as said the ods that will have lint/rubbish/dirt in it cause of your problems but you say you have replaced this already?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi Bermuda in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a portable gas fire which keeps switching off. The pilot light lifts for 10 seconds, critically above the thermocouple and then the gas cuts out. It i smore noticeable when I walk past it and stir a slight breeze. I have blown out the pilot light assembly and it worked for an entire day...
Replies
Views
Hi All New to this and a little green around Gas boilers.. So, a house I’m in possession of has an old and trusty Baxi Bermuda 45 back boiler which worked perfectly fine until I isolated the gas supply from the meter box.. After a couple of months and with the weather getting colder, I’ve went...
Replies
Views
I have bought a property and this has a boiler and an immersion heater with a pump. If electric heater is off the boiler should heat the water as well. I have reinstated the water pressure as the old vendor has drained the whole system. As long as I had these airlocks the boiler was complaining...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Over the years I had to replace the entire burner assembly on my gas water heater. The common issue was the pilot light would keep going out, so I would replace the entire burner unit. (all wires & the burner) All was good over the past 4 years until today. My pilot light is no where to...
Replies
Views
Hi all Just installed a new baxi platinum on a new gas installation and everything is fine and the gas standing pressure is at 24mb when switching on the new boiler and trying to commission the boiler it draws gas and goes from 24mb down to 3mb and locks out. It is a medium pressure...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock