Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi Bermuda SP3 Fire not Lighting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dave Beck

Hello all.

Tonight i tried to light my gas fire place for first time this year and its not operating.

I can get the pilot light to come on, but its not igniting the rest of the fire.

I took the front off and the fake coals to see if anythings coming from the gas pipes under the coals and it appears nothing is coming from them when ignition button is pushed and igniting.

Is there anything i can quickly look at to see? Im very handy with tools etc but im not going to play with gas.

Im due a service but i cant get a Corgi registered out, everyone is busy it seems and i'd like it done before Xmas if possible.

If anyone knows someone in Yeovil area that would be handy also.

Massive thanks in advance

Just to add my back boiler is working fine, its just the front

you have,but as your attempting a diy repair no one would give you advice a vast majority of us are gassafe engineers

Maybe i didnt come across as i wanted. Sorry bout that

I dont want to play about with gas, no repair is going to be undertaken by me. But i am asking if there is something easy to look at like a gas tap turned off etc on the fireplace.

Is there a section on the forum for local engineers

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for input.

Ive had a look but cant see one, but, is there a section for Traders offering their services?

After the pilot light has ignited keep holding the handle in for 15 - 30 seconds then release. The pilot should stay in. Then turn the fire up.

If the pilot won't stay in phone a gas engineer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi Bermuda SP3 Fire not Lighting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock