Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi Bermuda PW5 Gas Fire Problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all, i have the above gas fire with back boiler.
The boiler is working fine but there is a problem with the fire after first light of the cold season(cold according to my wife).
The ignition has always been tempramentel so we have always used a "clicker" gas igniter.

We press the knob down and turn it to ignite position light the fire and hold the knob for about 10 seconds, release and the fire is lit.

The problem now is that we do the above but when we release the knob the fire wont stay lit, it just goes out.
I have tried holding the knob down longer and longer and longer but it just wont stay lit.

Any ideas please?

Hello, you need a gas safe registered engineered to repair it. Gas appliance advice to repair, won’t be given out unless you’re a proven engineer.

Sorry

Hello. It is a safety device that has failed, at worst. Cheap part, even if the full assembly is needed. Also easy to fit, no more than 1-1.5 hours work in it. When did you last have it serviced?

Thanks for the advice guys.
I have no intention of repairing it myself, not going to mess about with gas.
Just wanted to know the seriousness of the problem.
Do you have a link to the part required?, if cheap i want to buy it myself for the engineer to fit if possible.

Thanks again.

Do you have a link to the part required?, if cheap i want to buy it myself for the engineer to fit if possible.
I recommend you don't do that without the prior agreement of the GSR who you want to fit it. GSRs will often refuse to fit parts bought in advance by customers ("It was really cheap, I got it on Ebay.") because they need to be certain that what they are fitting is right and in good condition.

Reply to Baxi Bermuda PW5 Gas Fire Problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock