Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi Bermuda - Older Person Needed... (Possibly!) in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

PM1961

Subscribed
Hi Ladies and Gents,

I've got the worst kind of problem.... An intermittent one....

So, Baxi Bermuda 45/3E back boiler, S plan system.

It's serviced, in great nick and the system normally works perfectly.... Here comes the BUT;

The issue is that it occasionally fails to come on, despite one or both stats calling for heat.

The problem is (usually) worst overnight. The cure is to cycle the power. Works every time. It's a long standing issue that we've lived with forever.

Most of the time it's just an irritation. It becomes more of an issue in the winter when it seems to be a daily event. Or perhaps we just notice it more?

Over the years, we've had loads of guys service/look at it and can't find anything wrong. Since the cure is a power cycle, we've tried a new(old) circuit board. New boiler stat, thermocouple. Just about everything on the S plan side has been replaced over the years... Triggers old broom..... All to no avail.

Our daughters friend is a BG engineer and he can't find/suggest anything else... But then, he wasn't born when this was installed... 😀

So my question to your collective knowledge is whether you can think of something that hasn't been tried?

Many thanks,

Paul

Have the problems started since the hive has been fitted

I only ask as I’ve had a few that require constant resets to get any heating or hot water afterwards

Have the problems started since the hive has been fitted

I only ask as I’ve had a few that require constant resets to get any heating or hot water afterwards
No not at all, I'm afraid..... It was changed due to hoping for a lucky result rather than good judgement.

The old scattergun approach when not having a clue why it's not working..... no science at all ....

As I say, there was no outward reason to change the Danfoss. Every time I/they stick a probe on the call for heat, it was fine.

There simple so either it’s something external or control wise on the baxi as they have power and they fire

There simple so either it’s something external or control wise on the baxi as they have power and they fire
Yep, the only vaguely sophisticated thing about it is the circuit board for the ignition.

That has already been changed once. Maybe that was faulty too? But that's a little clutching at straws.

Id be looking at 2-port valves and checking wiring center for loose connections.
Making it up now but maybe someone could wire a visible indicator light on call wire at boiler so when it fails you can tell if its getting the signal?

Reply to Baxi Bermuda - Older Person Needed... (Possibly!) in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock