Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi Bermuda 45 back boiler not working in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All
New to this and a little green around Gas boilers.. So, a house I’m in possession of has an old and trusty Baxi Bermuda 45 back boiler which worked perfectly fine until I isolated the gas supply from the meter box..
After a couple of months and with the weather getting colder, I’ve went to turn it all back on and….nothing.. tried pressing the button and starter multiple times…nothing..The actual gas fire works fine, but the boiler does not appear to be firing…
is there something wrong or am I not doing something right..?

thanks

you have to keep the knob pressed in all the time then press the (starter) it some times takes a few (clicks) to get it to light,
wait then 10 to 15 secs then let go of the knob
.see how that goes.

How to light a pilot light!
Press in the grey button that is about the size of a 10p coin.
Hit the orange sparker button about half a dozen times then listen for something burning (hard to explain) as to actually see the pilot on a 45 you need to be a contortionist with a neck like a giraffe.
Keep holding the grey button for at least 30 seconds (sometimes patience is a virtue) then release slowly.
If it doesn't work after a couple of tries phone a friend with a gas ticket as it needs a part replacing.

Reply to Baxi Bermuda 45 back boiler not working in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

J
Hi all, I am a plumber but I do not carry out works to boilers as the majority of my is bathrooms so I am not gas safe. I have completed a bathroom for a regular customer. She is of old age and is starting to get a little clumsy and her son has asked me to look at the old gas fire/back...
Replies
Views
Heating and hot water is not working. Plenty of heating oil. I have replaced batteries in thermostat and it seems to be working ok, showing flame to call for heat, and the receiver seems to be working ok with green light, but heating is just not firing. I really am not sure what the problem is...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, Baxi Ecoblue System boiler which was recently serviced just before Christmas. There has since been a constant but slow drip coming from the black nylon plastic drain plug at the back of the boiler which is accessible from the underneath. It does not appear to be from the thread...
Replies
Views
Our Baxi boiler works fine most of the time but the last few days it does not heat the water first thing in the morning and occasionally later on in the day too. It still works most of the time, e.g. for baths. The pressure is fine even when the water isn't heating. I've had a look online and...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air gap as I was having dripping from the pressure relief valve. Since then I've lost a lot of pressure from the hot water feed to my shower. The rest of...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock