Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi 630i Error E133 Urgent Help in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Good afternoon Guy's & Girl's,

So I have a Baxi 630i that is showing a e133 fault. Upon hours of extensive research it is an ignition fault that can be caused by numerous of issues.
One being that the condensate pipe is frozen, given the current weather and climate I edged my bets on this being the case too.
This first occurred on Sunday/Monday throughout out the night.
The boiler came on after work yesterday for around 2hours before showing the fault again. so no hot water or heating again.
After 10 kettle loads of warm water I have poured on the outside drain pipe (kitchen sink) it still wont fire up. After more investigation i have realised that the condensate pipe comes out of the trap, into the plasterboard, behind the kitchen cupboards and into the drain pipe under the kitchen sink. So this means the condensate pipe is all internal, and should not freeze? I took the trap out last night and cleaned it all out, not that it was particularly dirty in the first instance. Still not working.
To fully eliminate the "frozen condensate pipe" theory I disconnected the pipe from the bottom of the trap so the water would flow nicely in a basin under the boiler and bypassing the pipework behind the wall. However it still wont fire up, so it cant be the condensate issue?
The biggest curve ball in all of this is that it came on last night for two hours, so this would also eliminate a mechanical part failure?
I am completely at a loss and need as much advice as possible PLEASE!!! I have a 1year little girl that is having to go to bed in 12 layers of clothing and cannot get an engineer out until Tuesday.
Thank you in advance, Phil

E133 is ignition failure if it’s not to do with the condensate pipe. Basic questions - do you have sufficient credit on your gas? Has the gas been turned off in the street?

E133 is ignition failure if it’s not to do with the condensate pipe. Basic questions - do you have sufficient credit on your gas? Has the gas been turned off in the street?

Thanks for your reply

Would the boiler recognise this is disconnected from the trap? I highly doubt it. However it does appear that condensate pipes are not the issue. That being said, why would the boiler come on for 2 hours if there is a mechanical part failure? I genuinely have no idea what it could be.

Would the boiler recognise this is disconnected from the trap? I highly doubt it. However it does appear that condensate pipes are not the issue. That being said, why would the boiler come on for 2 hours if there is a mechanical part failure? I genuinely have no idea what it could be.

The neighbours seems to be working fine, as i can see steam coming from their flue

Have you got any other gas appliances?

Be froze condensate, it will do ignition fault for a froze condensate and a variety of other ones too.
OP then said in same 1st post:

After more investigation i have realised that the condensate pipe comes out of the trap, into the plasterboard, behind the kitchen cupboards and into the drain pipe under the kitchen sink. So this means the condensate pipe is all internal, and should not freeze?

OP then said in same 1st post:

After more investigation i have realised that the condensate pipe comes out of the trap, into the plasterboard, behind the kitchen cupboards and into the drain pipe under the kitchen sink. So this means the condensate pipe is all internal, and should not freeze?
Only read the last few posts 😂

Thanks Shaun,

Unfortunately not, i would of loved to test the gas supply through a hob.

Is it a common incident for gas supply to be at fault?

Thanks, Phil

I’ve had two today frozen gas govners eg not letting gas out

Need a gas engineer to test either way sorry

It could be a condensate fault.
If the line from the bottom of the heat exchanger to the trap is blocked, it will send out the E133 error.
There are sensors in the heat exchanger that will not allow the boiler to fire if they are tripped.

Condensate blockages are the main cause of the E133 fault. ( In my experience )

The heat exchanger probably need a clean - way beyond the realms of someone without experience working with boilers.

Not much you can do but wait for someone who knows how to repair boilers.

Also, there are about 10 other reasons why the boiler won't fire up - and throw this fault code at you

Thanks Shaun,

That could be the issue then, where are these governers situated? in the boiler?

Thanks for your help, Phil

No normally attached to your gas meter

Boiling water on the reg sorted it out

Hi guys!

Thank you so much for your help!!

So it turns out the gas reg as Shaun advised was frozen, I poured hot water on it, and left a hot water bottle in the outside cupboard, and low and behold it works!!!

I have to say you guys have been super helpful, so massively appreciate all your help

Glad your sorted

Reply to Baxi 630i Error E133 Urgent Help in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock