Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi 600 without opentherm in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I've got a Baxi 600 combi, with a Google Nest thermostat, fitted a year ago. I've just learnt about OpenTherm, so went into my Nest settings, and found that it is disabled (only on/off mode is selectable, OpenTherm gives an error message). I spoke to the installer who says that he never enables OpenTherm, it's more hassle than it's worth, and apparently I'm the first one to ask about it. Is it worth enabling? Does it really cause problems? How big a job would it be, presumably switching some wires?

Reply to Baxi 600 without opentherm in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, I have just bought a google nest 3rd gen thermostat to be connected opentherm. I currently have the baxi ifos rather comp fitted. I was told that it was either one or the other, but baxi technical dept have said I can wire an opentherm controller alongside the ifos system. Boiler is...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Just wanted to share my experience with "upgrading" an S plan setup to Opentherm and Vaillant Control Center (VR66). There are a few threads on a few different forums but I wanted to share a full write-up with all the steps needed, benefits and costs. Overall, I fully recommend...
Replies
Views
Does anyone have experience of using a VR33 (for Heating OpenTherm control with Nest) and a VR66 for Hot Water Priority with Vaillant system boilers? I'm specifically using an EcoTec plus 624 I've got a system working with a Nest and VR66 to provide hot water priority and it works well with...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I had a new Viessmann Vitodens 100-w boiler (the new version) installed last year. The guy who was installing and commissioning it had never seen or commissioned this boiler before, so I guess he didn't do it in the most efficient way: 1. I've got Google Nest thermostat but it looks to...
Replies
Views
Hello Does anyone know if its possible to connect an Opentherm thermostat such as a Nest to a Baxi 800 System boiler. I know its possible with a Baxi 800 Combi but I cannot find any information on achieving this with a system boiler. I wondered if its possible to control the radiator flow...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock