Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi 105e instant replacement in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all.
After some advice before I get some quotes. I have a 19 year old baxi 105e instant that needs replaced for something more efficient. I’m looking for suggestions for another baxi combi boiler that can be changed over with minimum work. My flue is side exit from the boiler (approx 1m to the right). All pipe work runs from underneath the boiler. Ideally want to keep flue in same position and raise/ adjust the new jig to suit. Pipe work under boiler is easily accessible so can be lengthened / reduced easy enough. The 105000btu output is about right for my use so will be looking around 33kw. (3 bed semi, 2 bathroom with thermo mixer valve showers). Don’t want dhw flow to be less than what I have. Out of the baxi duo etc, 600/800 amd platinum, what would you recommend, or do I go away from baxi altogether ??
Just want some info before I get quotes and I can ensure I get what I need
Thanks
Roseyp

Baxi 836 if you can fit a filter below 10 year warranty or 636 if you can’t 7 year warranty

Had first local engineer round and he recommended either the baxi duo tec 28 or baxi 636. Said duo tec uses same jig as 105e and as my flu is side exit, it’s a fairly easy swap over. The 636 is a newer model and needs a few pipe work mods but again not a massive job. His advice was that the 624/630 may be on the limit on the ch side for what radiators I have installed ( ch output is same for both boilers ??) even though the hot water flow rate would be comparable with what I had. Does this sound about right ??
Roseyp

Upto you the duo has a flow rate of 11 as the 636 is 15lpm

The 6 or 8 series all have the same min heating output 6.7kw and a max of 21-25kw

Reply to Baxi 105e instant replacement in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock