Search the forum,

Discuss Bathroom Waste Layout - Horizontal Soil Pipe in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello,

I would very much appreciate some help/feedback on what I am proposing for my very small ensuite bathroom. While refurbishing it I’m proposing to add a shower. It’s just 1.2m x 1.6m. I have seen similar posts to this on the forum but not quite my situation.

I am proposing to run one 110mm soil pipe in the 180mm (7”) ceiling void, with 1:40 slope, between the joists in the bathroom floor. Connecting the shower, toilet and vanity unit into this soil pipe using 40mm and 32mm boss straps (or boss pipe connectors) for the shower and vanity unit and an 110mm equal branch for the toilet. Please see attached diagrams. The end of soil pipe will be blanked off after the connection for the vanity unit. Due to the limited void the boss connectors will be set as high as possible in the soil pipe but only about ½ to ⅔ the way up soil pipe.

I propose to fit a 92.5 bend (with access point) where the soil pipe goes through the outside wall and run this horizontally (1:40) into an equal branch into the existing stack. I plan to fit a Durgo/AAV on top of the equal branch on the vertical stack as there is a small window directly above the existing stack making a vent pipe rather awkward (and unsightly).

So my questions:-

1) Are my plans realistic, are there any issues I need to address please?
2) I have seen some people advising boss connectors rather than boss straps - what’s considered best?
3) Is the proposed Durgo/AAV on the existing stack sufficient? I could, with a lot of difficultly, put a vent pipe, with AAV, up into the roof space after the vanity unit. If considered really necessary what is the minimum size of pipework required?

Please forgive my non-technical descriptions but I am new to this. I consider myself to be a competent DIYer and would very much appreciate some expert guidance.

Many thanks, Howard

Attachments

• Soil Pipe Design.pdf
    156.7 KB · Views: 18

Reply to Bathroom Waste Layout - Horizontal Soil Pipe in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock