Search the forum,

Discuss Bathroom Towel Radiator Noise near electric element in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

About a year ago, I had the bathroom towel radiator replaced with a larger one, and an electric dual-fuel element added.

The wet circuit is driven by a Multi-fuel stove that is rarely used, and the electric element is used almost all winter, on a programmable thermostat, to heat the bathroom.

It works fine, except that over the last two months, when the element is powered and heating, it makes noise, which can vary from a slight fizzing, to louder pops or bangs that resonate through the pipework and is loud enough to be a nuisance. They come from where the element is, within the radiator.

I had all the radiators fitted with Aladdin auto-bleed valves at the same time, a year ago, but if I turn on the circulatory pump, I can hear some air in the system downstairs - I don't know if this is relevant. But bleeding the pump does not clear that, and running the pump or the stove for a few hours does not solve the radiator noise problem, and it is getting quite annoying.

It's NOT the usual noise of expansion and contraction of the radiator. I've checked that the mountings are not overtightened, and I can tell that the noise is being created by the water within the radiator around the element.

What could be causing the problem, and how can I fix it?

What can I do to

Last edited:

Reply to Bathroom Towel Radiator Noise near electric element in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock