Search the forum,

Discuss Bathroom sink tap valve / insert in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello
I have a dripping tap in my bathroom sink I changed all the seals and it was ok for a couple of months and it started dripping again so changed the seals again but still dripping so I’m thinking should i just replace the whole valve and if so as I don’t know the tap make can I buy any valve or does it have to be the one correct one for the tap

kind regards Antony

They are quarter turn taps
Oh dear, much harder to match if you don`t know the make but it can be done by carefully measuring the overall length of the cartridge and counting the splines on the shaft. Can`t remember who right now but somebody will be along later with the name of the company. (might be in Kent).
Used to know of a mobile or postal service company but they are sadly no longer as far as I am aware.

Last edited:
If you decide to buy replacement ceramic works by going to plumbing merchants or DIY sheds or S’fix to find compatible type, do take one of the tap heads with you to check it fits new works.

Oh dear, much harder to match if you don`t know the make but it can be done by carefully measuring the overall length of the cartridge and counting the splines on the shaft. Can`t remember who right now but somebody will be along later with the name of the company. (might be in Kent).
Used to know of a mobile or postal service company but they are sadly no longer as far as I am aware.
Ok thanks for that we a good plumb centre in town I can take it there may able to match it for me but thanks for your help
Kind regards Antony

Reply to Bathroom sink tap valve / insert in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock