Search the forum,

Discuss Bathroom sink help with tap? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

But unfortunately you didn’t tell us that. We gave you the information to the question you asked which was to connect the flexi pipes onto 15mm pipe. Not connect 15mm to 15mm.
I.e. I didn't realise the taps wouldn't reach... :(

Got 2 for both hot and cold

View attachment 39289
Change them for these.

CA1CE3AE-5C65-49EF-AF23-C7B64DCC5763.jpeg

to be fair you didnt say you were extending the pipes just the flexis wont fit the old male irons

Slightly less time than me but knows more :(:oops:
Cheers mate. Your not doing to badly are you? Bit cheesy but I tell myself every morning that, everyday is a school day. Don’t think that there has ever been a day when I haven’t learnt something new.

So weirdly no matter how much we tighten the coupler to the copper pipe it still leaks a bit. The pipes are old and we scrapped paint off with a Stanley. Clean with wire wool stuff. Any ideas? No PTFE used.

Very tight. Wrenches. My man used all the strength on earth. Can't budge them, yet on only one pipe there is drops...

Quite possibly he’s over tightened them if he’s used all his strength. These fittings are meant to be just nipped up not strangled to within an inch of their lives.

As I said before and as @Riley said above. Hand tight and an extra half a turn. You will probably need to cut the olive and use a new one.

Quite possibly he’s over tightened them if he’s used all his strength. These fittings are meant to be just nipped up not strangled to within an inch of their lives.
This was only after the leak after hand tight and an extra turn

Try a turn or two of ptfe on the olive

Reply to Bathroom sink help with tap? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock