Search the forum,

Discuss Bathroom plumbing advice in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi everyone,

I'm a home owner, currently building a two floors house and having some discussions with the contractor around bathroom drain pipes.

I live in a country where people are used to have a floor siphon and connect all appliances to that siphon, 95% of houses are built like that. Problem is that... waste just accumulates there, with time it gets smelly, it requires maintenance... etc... I really don't want it.

So, I'm trying to convince the contractor to use a different model, where appliances have their own siphons and connect directly to the main (vertical) drain pipe that goes from the top of the building (for ventilation purposes) to the sewer boxes outside. This pipe is placed in a wall that goes through one end of the bathroom, it's the wall where both basins are installed.

I'm attaching an image of what I'm suggesting the contractor to do.. would appreciate if you had some time to comment and let me know if you believe this is safe or will bring me any type of problems.

DrainPipes.png

Thanks

No problems with those fittings as long as they are installed in the vertical position.
Plenty of problems if they are installed horizontal or on grade

Reply to Bathroom plumbing advice in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock