Search the forum,

Discuss Bathroom on same level as tank in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, about to plumb my first house so I'll likely be flooding this site with questions. Hope that's all I'm flooding!

They've bought a bungalow and turned it into a mansion but there's no attic, so the Cold water cistern is behind a wall on the second story. Thing is there's gonna be a bathroom with a shower up there too.

I know I can use a shower pump but honestly I don't like the thought of having to run the basin and the toilet off it too.
Any other sure fire solutions for me?

Thanks!

I suppose I can feed them off the mains
If the hot will still be pumped, just remember about unequal pressures. You don’t want the higher pressure mains crossing over to the hot supply through a thermostatic basin tap.

I’d put the basin hot and cold on the pump and the toilet on the mains (to prevent pump noise during the midnight loo trip).

Not editing my previous post as I don’t know if you get an alert.

As the tank is on the same level as the shower. You’re gonna need a negative head pump rather than the standard positive head pump.

Not editing my previous post as I don’t know if you get an alert.

As the tank is on the same level as the shower. You’re gonna need a negative head pump rather than the standard positive head pump.
I’m having an issue with my pump. I thought I’d get away with a positive pump as I put it beside the cylinder. I’ve run all the bathrooms off it but the attic bathroom won’t work as the faucets are above the tank head. I wonder if I change the pump to a positive will it run both the main bathroom as well as the attic?

I’m having an issue with my pump. I thought I’d get away with a positive pump as I put it beside the cylinder. I’ve run all the bathrooms off it but the attic bathroom won’t work as the faucets are above the tank head. I wonder if I change the pump to a positive will it run both the main bathroom as well as the attic?
I assume the cylinder and pump are on the floor below the CWST? If so, swapping the pump to a negative head pump should do the job.

The pump has to be 600mm below the CWST.

Outlets, not pump location determine pump type.
When the highest outlet is below the CWST, positive will work.
When the highest outlet is above the CWST, negative is needed.

Reply to Bathroom on same level as tank in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock