Search the forum,

Discuss Bathroom Flooring and Wall Advice in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I'm in the middle of refurbing my bathroom, I have removed all the plasterboard, back to the stud work and also lifted up all the chipboard flooring (22mm), this is a small ensuite bathroom (3mx2m). My plan is to fit new flooring, 18mm WBP and then 6mm Hardie backer board to the floor, planning to tile on top, for the walls I plan to use Jackoboard in the shower area and moisture resistant plasterboard for the rest of the bathroom. Do I need to protect the plywood which will be under the hardie backer board and also would you fit the shower tray over the Hardie backer board? or on the ply only and fit Hardie backer around the tray. thanks

No just rank the hardie as hardie spec eg joints etc

Also watch your stud centres may need to be 300-450mm centres

Reply to Bathroom Flooring and Wall Advice in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Size of bathroom 230cm x 210cm Height 230cm Birmingham Area Initial problem Burst pipe underground in bathroom, concrete. Have had this dug up & made safe for now, have had affected pipe cut & put end caps on. Work required Full bathroom remove old tiles walls and floor. Renew tiling. New...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I'll soon be installing a SONAS 1500 X 800 resin shower tray in a bathroom that I am renovating. It does not come with any sealant or tape. The shower tray will be against an external concrete wall which I will insulate and put some Hardie Backer Board on. My question is, does the...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This consisted of a quadrant shower enclosure, a stone-resin shower tray, new ceramic tiles on the floor and half tiling on the walls. All the work...
Replies
Views
Can anyone tell me where I can get a walk in shower enclosure glass wall channel with about 50mm - 60mm of adjustment in it? I hired a bathroom fitting company to gut and replace 4 bathrooms in a block of holiday flats. In one of the bathrooms they missed an extremely out of plumb wall. Their...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Been told to use something like Aqua Panel board for the shower area only and then a moisture resistant board (green drywall?) for the rest of the small bathroom. What do you recommend for the shower area? What about the rest of the bathroom wall? Floor? Thanks
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock