Search the forum,

Discuss Bathroom drainage problem in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

S

Ste graves

What’s that blank for on my pedestal p trap? It’s like a extra bit that comes up with a blanking cap on the top?

My bathroom sink drain makes a lot of gurgling noise when it’s finished draining.

I’ve had drain unblocker and a snake down there but not made a difference. I’m not a plumber by any means but from what I’ve read it sounds like it might be vent related.

The waste water goes through a P Trap, then under the floor where it appears to be fed outside to the soil pipe then it all drains out to a septic tank.

Cheers for any advice.

Reply to Bathroom drainage problem in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Needing some advice for recurrent blocked drains in upstairs toilet and sinks/shower. I’ve tracked the drain to under the house and it looks like there’s some convoluted plumbing done by someone - p traps and not sure if they’re correctly installed. We clear the blockages with draino but they...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I have an issue with a bathroom sink, it gurgles when the tap is turned off. I tried clearing the p trap but it makes it worse and goes on longer. I’ve attached a pic. From what I’ve read online it’s a venting issue. Would either of the replacement parts be a good solution?
Replies
Views
Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built downstairs shower room. Recently he had this downstairs shower room re-fitted/decorated. Quite a simple set up consisting of a sink, toilet and shower...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Hope you’re all doing well. I had a new bathroom installed recently which involved new piping, and also capping off some redundant pipes. Since then, my boiler (pretty new Vaillant combi) turns on when I turn the cold water on. I’ve done some reading and it seems like the problem is...
Replies
Views
F
  • Question
Hi all We've been experiencing an intermittent smell from our downstairs toilet for the last few months. We've tried replacing the pan connector and have had a CCTV inspection on the drain, but the problem persists. Last week I removed the toilet again and disconnected the sink trap. Both have...
Replies
Views
Funkymunkey27
F
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock