Search the forum,

Discuss Bathroom Drain/Vent advice in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a couple drain/vent questions regarding a bathroom. First venting. I highlighted in green the vent options and circled in blue two options where the vent(or vents) can go for the toilet and shower, question is do I need one or both of them? I'm assuming only one, if so is there a preferred placement? Thanks

Other question was in regards to the sewage pit, are there restriction on how close to the pit entrance i can add a drain to the main run? As you can see the floor drains will be roughly 10" from the entrance of the pit.

If you see any other issues let me know. Also, clearly this is not to scale. Thanks in advance for the advice.

1677879951609.png

What’s a sewage pit? Tank? Main manhole before street sewer?

Any other vents on system?

With those pipe lengths, if there is an existing atmospheric vent, you’d likely get away with no additional vents as long as the pipe sizes/lengths are correct.

I should have clarified, this is a basement with no existing plumbing, Its all going to an ejector pit. I plan to remove concrete tomorrow, and plumb the vents into the existing house vent

Where are you located? Where is “SD”?

I ask, as many of the people who regularly respond with help are in the UK and will not be familiar with your local regulations.

I guessed South Dakota, that’s why I asked. I’m in the uk, so I’m unfamiliar with your codes but what I understand from reading, is that on your side of the pond, permits/inspections are more regular/needed than here. So really you need someone who’s knows the code.

In practical terms, you’d get away with venting the basin and no other additional vents. I’d run all lines excluding toilet (4 inch), in 2 inch. I’d keep the floor drains separate.
Connect the shower to the 4” toilet close to the ejector, not toilet to reduce the risk of trap syphoning.
With regards to floor drain connections/proximity to ejector. The ejector pump will have one way valves to stop back flow but I’d check the manufactures instructions. It likely states connection no go zones.

Reply to Bathroom Drain/Vent advice in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock