Search the forum,

Discuss Bathroom basin tap, no screws - help! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello people.
I have a leaky/dripping hot bathroom basin tap and loathe to waste a plumber’s time bringing them out to change a washer, so I’m keen to sort myself. I looked up a few guides online and was ready to go!
However my basin tap has no screws, no cap to pop off, etc. to get at the mechanism and get to work changing the washer, so I’m a bit baffled. Anyone come across these taps before? I could start trying to pry the whole top off, but don’t want to end up with a whole broken unit.
Any help would be gratefully received. Pics attached!
Cheers

Attachments

• 20395AE9-6FF0-4CDE-A29A-10319CC434AE.jpeg
    20395AE9-6FF0-4CDE-A29A-10319CC434AE.jpeg
    464.7 KB · Views: 24
  • 30C0A421-16F1-44BA-A770-7C750F315783.jpeg
    30C0A421-16F1-44BA-A770-7C750F315783.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 23
If that tiny red dot is a rubber stopper there will be an allen head grub screw under there. If not then I don't see any other way it's fixed other than by friction and it pulls straight up and off. Tap head can really bind up even after removing any retaining screws so it might take a fair bit of force.

The type of tap you have there is sometimes called a 3D mixer and the cartridge is not repairable and the appropriate type must be found to replace. With this type of tap complete replacement is sometimes a better idea but you may be lucky and find a matching cartridge.

thank you! Fairly certain the red dot is painted on but I’ll give it a poke and see. I’ll try and pull it off and see how we go!

i think that type just pull and push off / on but with age this gets difficult

'Loathe to waste a plumbers time' is an interesting way of saying 'don't want to pay someone to do the job'. I don't blame the OP for not wanting to pay a plumber, but the denial in the language is something I find amusing.

Reply to Bathroom basin tap, no screws - help! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock