Search the forum,

Discuss Bathroom Basin fitting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello,
Is it a must to fix the pedastal to the sink and the skin to the wall?
I didnt really want to screw into my tiles, but knowing silicone is a good adhesive is it sufficient?

Should the Sink be level front to back all, or should it have a tilt backwards to allow the skin to empty fully?

Thanks

Silicone will do the job, BUT if you have to change the waste in the future it will be a pain in the arris to remove without damaging tiles. It also changes an hour’s job into 1/2day plus.

Personally I would screw it into position and run a small bead of silicone along the top of the basin.

A thin bead between basin/ped if necessary.

Level the basin side to side, front to back is often dictated by the moulding etc, but don’t lean it back as then water can sit on the tap shelf.
The basin will drain anyway, unless it is an awful design - which some of these resin ones with flat bottoms are.

Silicone will do the job, BUT if you have to change the waste in the future it will be a pain in the arris to remove without damaging tiles. It also changes an hour’s job into 1/2day plus.

Personally I would screw it into position and run a small bead of silicone along the top of the basin.

A thin bead between basin/ped if necessary.

Level the basin side to side, front to back is often dictated by the moulding etc, but don’t lean it back as then water can sit on the tap shelf.
The basin will drain anyway, unless it is an awful design - which some of these resin ones with flat bottoms are.

The sink is a square design and not bowl shaped. The only think I am worried about is the pipes are boxed in behind the ped not allowing the sink to sit close enough to the wall, with out tilting it back slightly, there is over an inch gap from tiles to back of sink, how would you get round this?

I'd say cut the box to get the pedestal to the wall, but you're going to say it's tiled?

Reply to Bathroom Basin fitting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock