Search the forum,

Discuss Bath waste in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all

was wondering firstly does the bath waste have to have silicone applied to washers ?

when I’ve set up in past I’ve never used it and washers alone done the job.

if silicone is recommended can I use normal bathroom silicone to do the job or would it have to be plumbers gold ?.

No not normally aslong as it has rubber washers you should be fine

Reply to Bath waste in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all Do any of you guys use a silicone to seal between the bath and waste rubber underneath? The bath is only a cheap one and the bottom of the waste opening isn’t flat, which seems to leave an opening enabling water to leak out. I used silicone in the past for this very problem but I was...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Desperately in need of help. Getting very annoyed with myself Replaced the click plug in my bathroom for a new Basin Slotted one along with the Thomas Dudley Basin Waste kit All relatively straightforward to put together but why is it still dripping I'm using the preexisting metal...
Replies
Views
Total refit of of bathroom. I've got a 40mm waste from the shower running beneath the floorboards to an external wall and out. Just above where the pipe exits is where the obvious place for the bath waste to exit as well. Should I use separate waste pipes for the bath and the shower or can the...
Replies
Views
Hi. Can anyone help me get into this tap? I have them on the bathroom sink and bath and 2 out of 4 are dripping. I've have had two plumbers in to replace the washers and neither could get them open. The gold coloured ring under the top unscrews on two of them but won't budge on the ones that...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, I have a Duravit vanity unit and was recommended to buy the Duravit space saving waste: 005076 But im unsure how this connects to the waste pipe in the wall. The plumber has fitted a standard waste, but he had to cut a hole at the back of the vanity. There is another to install...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock