Search the forum,

Discuss Bath waste in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all, at the moment we have a shower/wet room. We want to install a bath but I'm having a problem as to where the waste from the bath can go, as by doing a bit of research the shower waste will not be able to take the bath wath water away quickly enough.
Landlord will not permit us to drill through the outside wall so my question is- can I connect the waste from the bath into the waste from the toilet (see photo) or can this cause problems I am maybe unaware of.
There is approx 100mm from floor to where the bend meets the downpipe to enable me to use a boss to connect bath waste pipe.
cheers Graham

Attachments

• 1898722D-0952-4E96-B9B5-D9CFB8F8B86E.jpeg
    1898722D-0952-4E96-B9B5-D9CFB8F8B86E.jpeg
    135.7 KB · Views: 8
Yes you can boss it into that vertical brown pipe.

1) You must use a 76mm water seal trap on the bath, not a shallow trap - even though that would be easier.

2) you may find that the brown pipe won’t solvent weld very well. So I would a) get a strap boss that has a nut/bolt connection, b) connect flange of boss to the pipe with CT1 instead of solvent weld.

3) make sure you don’t insert pipe from bath waste too far- if it goes inside the 4” pipe it will catch paper etc from the lavatory, which will give you grief.

Yes you can boss it into that vertical brown pipe.

1) You must use a 76mm water seal trap on the bath, not a shallow trap - even though that would be easier.

2) you may find that the brown pipe won’t solvent weld very well. So I would a) get a strap boss that has a nut/bolt connection, b) connect flange of boss to the pipe with CT1 instead of solvent weld.

3) make sure you don’t insert pipe from bath waste too far- if it goes inside the 4” pipe it will catch paper etc from the lavatory, which will give you grief

Last edited:

Reply to Bath waste in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock