Search the forum,

Discuss Bath waste in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Matt0029

Gas Engineer
Any tips on sealing this type of bath waste in the picture. Looking at sealant between every washer and surface. Through I know this can cause the rubbers to slip. Usually come across the bath wastes where you just tighten with a screw. Thanks for any further tips.

Attachments

• IMG_20191003_214151.jpg
    IMG_20191003_214151.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 35
Thanks occasionally had problems with washers sliding totally out of place when have done this with silicone. I think it's when the washers are thin.

Add some ptfe tape to the threaded section from the overflow slots to 25 mm from the end of waste a smear of quality sanitary silicone on the washers assemble as shown and don't overtighten hand tight and half a turn should be enough . Kop

How many turns of ptfe do you recommend. I do this on basin wastes too. Noticed this type of bath waste basically is similar to a basin waste.

About 8 I would say trail and error really it helps stop the water running down the threads when overflow water enters the waste this is often a problem on vanity unit basin wastes and combined bath waste and overflows only yesterday I attended this one . Kop

Attachments

• IMG_20191004_115717.jpg
    IMG_20191004_115717.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Reply to Bath waste in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock