Search the forum,

Discuss Bath waste change in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

So I've decided to spruce up the bathroom by changing the taps and bath waste. Taps in with a lot of fickering. Now the new waste is causing problems. My new waste trap has connected to the new drain no problem. But the opposite end of the waste trap is a female compression which won't attach to the existing main waste pipe as its a male threaded section. I can't find any parts that would make sense to bridge that gap: I was thinking straight pipe one end to go inside the female compression and female nut on the opposite end to screw onto the waste pipe.
Any help on this please?

Picture would help... but... straight pipe into the female compression of the waste trap then cut back threaded section of the existing to give plain pipe and join the two plain pipes with a straight compression coupler .

Picture would help... but... straight pipe into the female compression of the waste trap then cut back threaded section of the existing to give plain pipe and join the two plain pipes with a straight compression coupler .

Attachments

• received_581117686177684.jpeg
    received_581117686177684.jpeg
    60.5 KB · Views: 11
  • received_3924660660947122.jpeg
    received_3924660660947122.jpeg
    46.1 KB · Views: 12
  • received_243067957444167.jpeg
    received_243067957444167.jpeg
    64.3 KB · Views: 12
As above cut the threaded Male off and you’ve got a plain pipe that the female trap compression will connect to.

You will then need to buy some 45’s/90’s bit of pipe and extend the plain pipe to meet the trap.

Looking at one of your pics, it looks like the trap outlet is lower than your plain pipe....that’s not gonna work. You need to lower the waste pipe....

Really need more pics to advise further, some pics from further back showing the whole waste run would help.

Also, what’s that flexible connector doing?

Then you should just need a coupling glue and pipe

you can measure to check via the technical drawings at the bottom

Reply to Bath waste change in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock