Search the forum,

Discuss Bath waste box in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi
Could anybody explain this waste box under a bath,
being honest I have never seen one of these before
the waste from the bath goes in & out of this box then into a soil stack but has no power to it so it is not pumping the waste away?
can anyone explain this?

Attachments

• 20210326_144009.jpg
    20210326_144009.jpg
    296.4 KB · Views: 26
It's not, by any chance, connected to any other pipework other than the waste is it? If so, it could be some kind of heat recovery device to save energy when you run a shower.

I'm probably totally wrong! Never seen one like that either.

It's not, by any chance, connected to any other pipework other than the waste is it? If so, it could be some kind of heat recovery device to save energy when you run a shower.

I'm probably totally wrong! Never seen one like that either.
Hi it's only connected to the waste from the bath nothing else, I just never seen one before or know what it does?

Where do them flexis go ?

the flex pipes are not connected to it or any thing to do with it they just go to a basin which has a separate waste

basin above the bath ? The silver braided flexi pipes to the right of the unit ?

Wish I could come over and have a nose. Intrigued! Is the box as wide as the bath, or is it narrow?
Hi
I went to this job as a call out to a leak
the box is the same width as the bath
the waste pipe from the bath trap go into the box then comes out the other side then goes into a soil stack with no power or any other pipes on the box, so is one waste pipe in & one out that's it, I have never even seen one for sale any ideas?

If it was on a waste likely to have grease down it, it could have been a grease trap, except it's not been put in with maintenance in mind, not that all proper grease traps are either.

It looks to be a proper bit of kit as the lid has many screws in it closing onto a seal presumably.

I've seen similarly thin pump units under shop refrigerated cabinets for the condenstate drain, but they only have a tiny pump in and wouldn't handle the volume from a bath.
They only have a tiny discharge pipe as well
Dairy-Cabinet-Pump.jpg

Reply to Bath waste box in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Afternoon, our bath waste pipe in our rented property has started leaking slightly when we shower. We've narrowed it down to a loose screw in the centre of the plughole. My understanding is that this screw being loose means that water is able to leak out between the bath waste and the waste...
Replies
Views
Hi could anyone give advice please ? I went to look at a new build for sale they are apartments/ one house on top of another all properties will be privately owned by individual buyers, a guy on-site pointed out that the plumbing is wrong on the properties as a perspective buyer I’d like to know...
Replies
Views
Total refit of of bathroom. I've got a 40mm waste from the shower running beneath the floorboards to an external wall and out. Just above where the pipe exits is where the obvious place for the bath waste to exit as well. Should I use separate waste pipes for the bath and the shower or can the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Installing 2 new bathrooms, property only had 1 bathroom and the waste went into a cast iron soil stack which has now been replaced. I really don't want to notch the joist to get the waste out. I was thinking can I run the waste connected together to the outside in 40mm? So the bath...
Replies
Views
G
Hi Folks, I want to connect a bath waste outlet to a hose, but I'm struggling to configure it. It's for a temporary rainwater collection system that's being installed on a remote farm. I need to get from the plughole to a connector that will fit a hose. But I keep drawing a blank, but I'm...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock