Search the forum,

Discuss Bath tap mains fed or from tank in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi guys I'm wanting to install an electric shower in my new property what's the easiest way to check it bath tap is coming from mains ?
The mains stop tap is located near the toilet in the room underneath me, when I switch that off it shuts all cold water off for every tap in the house.

If I run hot water the tank starts refilling in the loft, but when I run the cold nothing happens, giving me reason to believe my colds should be mains fed .
Any help he appreciated

Picture of the cylinder here

Attachments

• IMG_20230524_114811.jpg
    IMG_20230524_114811.jpg
    313.4 KB · Views: 7
I’m assuming you’ve decided on an electric shower either because of unequal hot/cold pressure or low hot pressure (no pump).

If going ahead with electric, have you ensured you can get a suitably sized electric feed? Either 6mm/10mm depending on shower output. I’d always go 10mm though.

I’m assuming you’ve decided on an electric shower either because of unequal hot/cold pressure or low hot pressure (no pump).

If going ahead with electric, have you ensured you can get a suitably sized electric feed? Either 6mm/10mm depending on shower output. I’d always go 10mm though.
Yes low hot water pressure I think.
I had a old thermo mixer bar hanging around so i connected it to the hot and cold feed after taking out bath and it just wouldn't have it, when I put it on cold it worked fine but soon as I switched to hot it just came out very very slowly.

Yes I can get a 10mm sized electric feed and the mains is what's feeding the cold to the bath tap.

So all should be fine for electric shower correct ?

Last edited:
Or you could get a single impeller pump and pump the hot.
This will give you a much better shower and also be far cheaper to run.

Or you could get a single impeller pump and pump the hot.
This will give you a much better shower and also be far cheaper to run.
Thanks for the advice Ben much appreciated, but I have decided on the electric shower now , the home won't be occupied regularly so it won't be used alot. Going off what I've said the electric shower will be fine won't it ?i

Yes you’ll be fine; obviously a qualified electrician has to do the new circuit back to the board via a double pole isolation switch.

Reply to Bath tap mains fed or from tank in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock