Search the forum,

Discuss Bath/Sink Relocation. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Vinny Haynes

Good Afternoon Everyone. We've just moved into our new home and we're going to put a new bathroom in. Would it be possible to move the new bathtub up the opposite end and attach the new bath taps to the current sink pipework and then put where the toilet and bath is now a new toilet/sink combo like this attached up to the old bath pipes? Are they the same pipes? Is that even possible?!? Cheers.

20170502_171412.png

$_35.jpg

Hi
Yes but you won't open the bathroom door!
The optimum layout is already there.

Think I would remove the boxing behind the toilet and remove the bath panel first to see what is in the boxing and why that 32mm pipe runs along the top of it.

My father has a flat with a bathroom just Like that. The waste on top of the boxing was from the kitchen.

Unless you want to climb in and out for through the window it looks as though you'll need to rehang the door so it opens outwards. This is unconventional and you may have an issue with building regs (section K from memory) depending on what's outside the bathroom at the moment.

What problem are you trying to solve with the current layout? It looks like quite a good use of the space available to me.

(There's always a temptation to "put one's mark" on a new home, but I think it's a good idea to live in it for a while before deciding what, if anything, really needs changing.)

Last edited:
Think I would remove the boxing behind the toilet and remove the bath panel first to see what is in the boxing and why that 32mm pipe runs along the top of it.
It wouldn't surprise me if it was for the basin. Or as stated in the above thread the kitchen.

Was thinking it was from the basin but why so high, didn`t think of kitchen as was thinking house not flat tbh.

Was thinking it was from the basin but why so high, didn`t think of kitchen as was thinking house not flat tbh.
Where I am from there is still a lot of houses where the bathroom is next to the kitchen downstairs.

Hi, thanks for the replies everyone. The 32mm pipe is the waste one which runs from the sink down the inside of the bath and yes the kitchen is next to it.
Fair point about the door. I could rehang it so it opens outwards as would only open out to the large hallway, so shouldn't be a problem. I hope?

The main reason for wanting to have a switch round is because it all looks just a bit to scruffy with pipes everywhere! I get what you're saying about the layout is okay now. But I guess I thought if we got a toilet/sink combo it would hide all that awful pipework, holes and boxing near the toilet. Also we are definitely going to have to replace the cracked bathtub, so I thought maybe move the new one a bit further up the same wall and hopefully hide all the sink pipework inside the bath at the same time?!

Hope that makes some kind of sense ha?!
Cheers

Unless you have space to move the doorway to the left so that the end of bath doesn't half-block it, in which case it can open inwards anyway, I think you'll come to regret the move.

Have you considered replacing the loo with one that has its cistern and pipework boxed in and forming a shelf below the level of the window sill for small items?

I don't mind pipework (it's a bathroom and, anyway, I like nicely done pipes). I'm not keen on things perched on window sills or the edge of baths, so I'd consider adding a shelf or two somewhere, perhaps in the corner above the bath.

If you have kids, it won't matter how many shelves and cupboards you provide, you'll still need more. :-(

EDIT: P.S. The pipes to the existing basin are probably 15mm and if so will need increasing to 22mm if you want to use them to fill a bath. The cold tap to a basin in a bathroom needs to be supplied with mains water, i.e. not from a storage tank in the roof.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bath/Sink Relocation. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock