Search the forum,

Discuss Bath & Shower Valve and Pump and issues in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

darrenh

Hello all

I am replacing a bath and shower that are independantly fed - the bath runs from the hot water cistern / cold water tank in loft. The shower is the same but via a high pressure pump.

Here is my issue: the valve I have bought is one of those that has a single supply and you can divert the water to either the shower or bath.

This means that the bath would be fed by the high pressure pump (and it is pretty powerful).

Without the pump the bath fills pretty rapidly...

Does anyone see a problem with this i.e is it ok to fill the bath using the pump (in which case I can just cap the existing feeds for the bath)?

I fear when i run a bath it will be like niagra falls.

Darrenh

im confused, if the shower is pumped then it should be independant to the bath, either with a surrey or essex flange, this is so the bath is not pumped. if your replacing the shower and bath then surely your just connecting up to the old pipework?

thanks bbb.

The issue I have is that I have bought a 2 way shower.bath diverter - i.e. one valve that controls the temperature and you turn it left for 'shower' and 'right' for bath! Which means you only need a single supply.

If I had 2 seperate valves then I could just maintain the current set up - but I'm keen to use the valve if possible!

Darrenh

Hi darrenh , provided the diverter valve is suitable for a pumped supply , I would go for capping the bath supply and run it all from the pump. What could be better than a quick fill bath.

Lee

A normal domestic working pressure is 3 bar, which is what your shower should be pumping too from the pump. So use the pump for both, why not? :)

or, If you have kept your receipt, then take the valve back and get the one your after to do a like for like swap on your bathroom, to be safe.

Thanks guys

The valve was bought on ebay a while back so I am stuck with it - I like the idea of having a quick fill bath!

I'll have a look at the tech spec on the divertor valve to see if it is suitable for a pumped supply - I don't see why not as the other single supply one works a treat in the ensutie ont he pumped supply.

thanks guys

Darrenh

Quick fill baths are great, just bear in mind the ammount of time it would take to over flow....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bath & Shower Valve and Pump and issues in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock