Search the forum,

Discuss Bath/shower mixer tap has random bouts of low pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Matt Lewis

There are lots of threads about bath/shower mixer taps leading to constant low pressure I know, but this seems slightly different I think.

We have a shower over a bath, with a mixer tap, and for most the time it is absolutely fine: both in terms of temperature and flow.

However, every couple of months, the pressure drops dramatically to little more than a trickle (temperature still fine). It stays this way for a few days, then magically returns back to normal. This is for both the shower head, but also if trying to fill a bath.

It's not related to say having guests so more demand on the shower, nor time of year, boiler 'on' time etc. It just seems utterly random.

I have a Vaillant combi boiler, mounted high on kitchen wall. I have a ground floor flat, and bathroom is on same level as the kitchen. All other taps, i.e. bathroom sink, toilet, and kitchen sink, do not suffer from this schizophrenia.

So far, my enquiries have not found an explanation as to why this may be, or a potential solution.

Thanks in advance for any ideas, and happy to provide whatever extra information needed!

does it happen on just the one tap/mixer or all the taps in the house?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bath/shower mixer tap has random bouts of low pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock