Search the forum,

Discuss Bath/shower mixer tap has random bouts of low pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Matt Lewis

There are lots of threads about bath/shower mixer taps leading to constant low pressure I know, but this seems slightly different I think.

We have a shower over a bath, with a mixer tap, and for most the time it is absolutely fine: both in terms of temperature and flow.

However, every couple of months, the pressure drops dramatically to little more than a trickle (temperature still fine). It stays this way for a few days, then magically returns back to normal. This is for both the shower head, but also if trying to fill a bath.

It's not related to say having guests so more demand on the shower, nor time of year, boiler 'on' time etc. It just seems utterly random.

I have a Vaillant combi boiler, mounted high on kitchen wall. I have a ground floor flat, and bathroom is on same level as the kitchen. All other taps, i.e. bathroom sink, toilet, and kitchen sink, do not suffer from this schizophrenia.

So far, my enquiries have not found an explanation as to why this may be, or a potential solution.

Thanks in advance for any ideas, and happy to provide whatever extra information needed!

does it happen on just the one tap/mixer or all the taps in the house?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bath/shower mixer tap has random bouts of low pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I'm having a nightmare trying to find matt black wall or deck mounted bath mixer taps with 3/4 fitting that work on 0.2 bar. From tank to tap, I have around 2.4 metres, so a pressure of a little over 0.2 bar. The flow measured from the tap currently fitted is 11 litres per minute. Pretty much...
Replies
Views
S
Pumps and low pressure I moved the bathroom to the back the house (next room) upstairs. I put in two pumps because low pressure water area. One for shower and one for bath. They both work intermittently and I often need to get them started with a magnet! They were new pumps. In the shower the...
Replies
Views
We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are about to upgrade the upstairs bathroom and are considering installing a shower bath. My concern is that although there is more than sufficient...
Replies
Views
Hello! Im Martyn Im new here and have joined for some advice on a couple of things. Ive got an issue with a Mira mixer shower that has increasingly become harder to operate. The shower was installed before I moved into the house. Basically what happens is that I turn the shower on so there's...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have quite low flow rate for my electric shower (a piddling 5L/min), and would like some tips or advice about how to solve or find the cause. I would like a flow rate of about 12L/min. Here is my set-up: Standard gas boiler (not a combi) in the kitchen, have cold water tanks in the...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock