Search the forum,

Discuss Bath self drained overnight in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Long story short, filled new bath to silicone seal. Didn't touch pop up/click waste and noticed that 90% of the water has drained overnight.

Is this normal or should these wastes block the water indefinitely?

Thanks

Yea they don’t seal 100% you can get better than others

It could have been going under the flange rather than down the centre of the waste past the plug. Did you use silicone between flange and bath? - some of the foam seals are poor (usually bin them).
But like you say probably not an issue in normal use, so as long as there’s no leak under the bath - just leave it.

It could have been going under the flange rather than down the centre of the waste past the plug. Did you use silicone between flange and bath? - some of the foam seals are poor (usually bin them).
But like you say probably not an issue in normal use, so as long as there’s no leak under the bath - just leave it.
Given it a couple weeks use and looks like all fine, no actual leak, obviously not making a perfect seal with click wastes but does the temporary job it's meant to do I guess

Reply to Bath self drained overnight in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a few issues with my bath drainage and leaking. The first issue is that the near corner of the bath by the taps is sloped downwards meaning that it pools in the corner and quickly starts leaking through gaps in the shower screen onto the floor rather than into the bath. The rest of...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I have an issue and hoping someone could shed some light on the problem. We have been getting a smell coming up in the bathroom, initially thought it was the toilet, but after smelling the bath tub plug hole it appears to be coming from here. I removed the P trap and very little...
Replies
Views
Firstly, I already have a fair idea of what I need to do to fix the problem (I hope plunging will fix it, I just need to buy one), I would just like to know what sort of thing can suddenly obstruct the pipe that my bath drains to. The problem... Normally someone can have a bath and then pull...
Replies
Views
Hi, the water in my bathtub has been draining really slowly recently. I investigated it today and there was a large build up of gunk right under the plug hole, quite thick. I jabbed it hard with a stick and it completely dislodged and got sent down the pipes. I tried the taps again and the...
Replies
Views
Hello, my HW is taking longer than expected to heat up and it's getting worse. I can go 10-40 degs after 1.5 hours of only heating HW, whereas I should be going 10-60 degs in 30-40 mins by my maths. Don't even mention trying to heat HW and CH at the same time. 30 mins with the immersion adds...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock