Search the forum,

Discuss Bath Removal in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Trying to remove a bath...thought I had done the hard part with the chisel and the surround...but it simply will not budge...its plastic/fibreglass...can I just cut along the edge with a jigsaw ?? Any issues with dust from the cutting ?
Thanks.
IMG_0568.jpeg
IMG_0569.jpeg

Cut the bath into 3 eg left to right (short) take the middle section on and rest should fall in but wear a good mask

also the legs look encased in concrete

Cut the bath into 3 eg left to right (short) take the middle section on and rest should fall in but wear a good mask

also the legs look encased in concrete
Thanks and to Pete123...
Yes entire bath had a concrete wall..even with the chisel it was hard going...needless to say pipe work underneath is a mess...but this is France...
One odd thing...from the drain there is a waste pipe running up into the loft and as expected waste running to the floor below.
(Upstairs bathroom)
Waste pipe to loft - I have not checked but there should be nothing up there except insulation...in France ALL water is mains pressure so no such thing as header tanks...could it be a vent ? If so...why ?

Will be a drain vent

Reply to Bath Removal in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock