Search the forum,

Discuss Bath plug rubber seal replacement in the Ireland area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All,

I hope this is an appropriate place to post this,

Im struggling a little with a replacement part i need.

We have a Villeroy Boch Subway bath, when we bought it we bought a matt black plug and knob thing to raise / lower the plug.

On the plug, the rubber ring around the center of it has now perished and the bath no longer holds water.

My issue is that i have no idea where i got the plug from and no idea who the manufacturer is.

is there a way to purchase a replacement seal? are these things standard? from a quick google it looks like they're all slightly different shapes and im not sure what i need!

ive attached a pic of the plug, the waste in situ in the bath and the seal itself!

Any advice gratefully received

Thanks

Dan

Attachments

• PXL_20201119_112028020.jpg
    PXL_20201119_112028020.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 9
  • PXL_20201119_112035573.jpg
    PXL_20201119_112035573.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 9
  • PXL_20201123_144911035.jpg
    PXL_20201123_144911035.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 9

Reply to Bath plug rubber seal replacement in the Ireland area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Firstly, I already have a fair idea of what I need to do to fix the problem (I hope plunging will fix it, I just need to buy one), I would just like to know what sort of thing can suddenly obstruct the pipe that my bath drains to. The problem... Normally someone can have a bath and then pull...
Replies
Views
I’ve got a McAlpine bath waste & it’s come with the two rubber seals one for the plug (which is the bigger one out of the two in pics) & the overflow. Which way around do I put them as the plug one has one side with loads of lines compared to the other side which has a slight dip with one line...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. I have a top-fitting toilet seat, and one of the rubber plugs perished and the bolt just came out. Fine, I thought, I'll just replace the seat. But although one plug was already out, I can't for the life of me remove the second. It's semi-perished, so the bolt doesn't have any...
Replies
Views
Forgive my ignorance, with this basic question, but I seem to be struggling to both understand, search for, and source, the appropriate washer, o-ring or gland, for this type of tap. Maybe, no one ever replaces this type of washer/component? Background: I discovered a leak in the cupboard from...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have removed a seized bath plug from my bath, but would like any advice about how to go about finding a replacement. Please see attached photos. It just sits in the plug hole. The mechanism is spring loaded. If you push it down, it closes the hole and the top disk sits flush against the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock