Search the forum,

Discuss Bath overflow and drainage misaligned in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all

I purchased a freestanding bath and when I came to cut the holes for the taps I realised the hole for the overflow is misaligned with the drainage (see photo). There's some room within the overflow hole that allows me to straighten the chrome fitting in line with the drainage, but not quite perfect (see 2nd photo). I also noticed no matter where i set the chrome fitting into the overflow it doesn't quite sit well enough or tight enough to completely seal the hole with just the washers provided. I assume a bit jointing compound or similar sealant would solve this?

bbb1.jpg

IMG_20221023_141630.jpg

The distributor have offered me a replacement bath or a refund and have no interest in collecting the faulty bath. I can't decide what option to take - I shouldn't think I'd get much if i sold this faulty bath and part of me has little confidence that the overflow / drainage on the new bath will be perfectly aligned anyway. It wasn't cheap but its probably Chinese manufactured.

Other than the fact the taps will have to be mounted a little out of line with the overflow (or drainage) and sealant will be required to seal the fittings is there any reason not to plumb this bath and get a refund?

Cheers. P

By the time there’s water in the bath and an optical allusion due to the water you won’t notice it just mastic the overflow in where you want it etc

Just put your laser away and plumb the bath in, waste of world resources to scrap it.
Yeah, you're probably right. Anyone who took this bath off me would have to buy the feet and drainage fixtures which would amount to about £150, no one's going to do that and give me something for the bath no matter how small, so the bath probably would go to scrap.

By the time there’s water in the bath and an optical allusion due to the water you won’t notice it just mastic the overflow in where you want it etc
Yeah, I have no doubt I'd soon forget about it, especially as it would essentially be a free bath. I think the distributor has been quite generous really.

Reply to Bath overflow and drainage misaligned in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock