Search the forum,

Discuss Bath lukewarm water. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

Looking for some advice please. I have a Hudson reed tec single lever wall mounted tap (pk328). It has been working flawlessly for the last 3 years or so and then 3 weeks ago, I only get lukewarm water, cold is cold. I have tried the other taps in the house, no problems. I have replaced the ceramic disk (spr07).
I have been told that the tap is not thermostatic control.
Any ideas please on what it could be?

Thanks for any replies.

Possibly piped up at the rear with flexi’s and The hot flexi has kinked

I’d say it’s the cartridge perhaps scaled up or already faulty

I’ve just re-read the question, sorry for some some reason I thought it said water stop flowing... so I doubt it’s a kinked pipe. Sounds as if maybe cold water is pushing through to hot side.
What type of hot water system do you have?

I’ve just re-read the question, sorry for some some reason I thought it said water stop flowing... so I doubt it’s a kinked pipe. Sounds as if maybe cold water is pushing through to hot side.
What type of hot water system do you have?
Perhaps fit non return valves to determine if that’s passing by ? That could be an option don’t you think ?

Can we have a picture of the tap please and a make and model if known

Ta

Check manufactures instructions to check it has been commissioned correctly, some times if you require a higher temp you have to take it apart and adjust manually, feel the hot pipe feeding the bath tap, if this is hot then it’s just a case of adjustment I’d imagine, also does it have strainers? if not then it maybe an issue with the boiler.

Is the hot flow rate as it has always been? If reduced, then it may not be providing sufficient flow to fire the boiler. Try running another hot tap, open just far enough to fire the boiler, then try the hot from the tap giving problems. If the water comes out hot, its a good chance this is the problem.
If this is the problem, try:

1. Make sure isolation valve is fully open.

If so:

2. Isolate hot water to tap.
3. Remove flexi.
4. Find some way of connecting to pipework and running to drain / bucket.
5. Turn hot water on again at isolation valve.
If water comes out hot, then the problem is in the flexi or the tap itself.

If necessary:

6. Isolate hot and cold.
7. Remove tap.
8. Remove hot flexi from tap.
9. Repeat 4 and 5.
If hot water comes out of flexi, problem lies in the tap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bath lukewarm water. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock