Search the forum,

Discuss Bath Drain Screw Will Not Come Out in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I am trying to remove the drain plug from a bath it has a center screw. It is a long screw, as it gets the top of the ravel it stops. I have tried all sorts WD 40 etc but it will not budge. I am wondering if it is designed this way? The bath is 30 odd years old. Thanks.

Why are you trying to remove it?
If it is to replace it with a new one, just cut it or break out the grid.

It would help us to help you if you add a photo.

Hi Ben-gee, Thanks for your reply. Here is a photo. The drain is a bit manky and some of the spurs are broken, I thought it would be a case of unscrewing it and replacing it but not a chance. Thanks.
[/QUOTE]

Attachments

• DSCN0911.JPG
    DSCN0911.JPG
    83.4 KB · Views: 8

Reply to Bath Drain Screw Will Not Come Out in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Afternoon, our bath waste pipe in our rented property has started leaking slightly when we shower. We've narrowed it down to a loose screw in the centre of the plughole. My understanding is that this screw being loose means that water is able to leak out between the bath waste and the waste...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a bath tub in my apartment that is draining very slowly. It does finally drain but only after about 12-15+ minutes. After trying all the old remedies (fluids, powders, zip-it) I am now thinking about manually snaking the drain pipe.... But a Handyman guy who lives at my apartment...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I have an issue and hoping someone could shed some light on the problem. We have been getting a smell coming up in the bathroom, initially thought it was the toilet, but after smelling the bath tub plug hole it appears to be coming from here. I removed the P trap and very little...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a few issues with my bath drainage and leaking. The first issue is that the near corner of the bath by the taps is sloped downwards meaning that it pools in the corner and quickly starts leaking through gaps in the shower screen onto the floor rather than into the bath. The rest of...
Replies
Views
I have a traditional style bath tap with shower attachment via a diverter. The lever no longer moves, and so I managed to unscrew the lever arm and the brass (colonial) piece, exposing the plastic diverter valve. Unfortunately, I am stumped as to how to get access to the diverter valve, as the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock